LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Kuhli Loaches

Home Forums My Aquarium Kuhli Loaches

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Malti 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Malti
    Participant

So I’m getting some Kuhli (well they’re under the name collie loach…but I’m guessing its them) – might set them up in their own aquarium or in my community, If I set up a small one for them – what are the best tankmates for them between zebra/leopard danios, mollies and platies? – or maybe RCS?

is gravel a good substrate for them?

and how do you breed them exactly? I know they lay eggs, but thats it – do you remove the eggs or parents or leave them in the tank? also whats the best group size for them? thinking of 6-8?

thx in advance

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Personally I wouldnt use any of those as tankmates but maybe at a push I would go with the zebra danios. I have found with mine that a very fine rounded gravel with some sand mixed in works well, lots of cobbles and smaller piles of pebbles and java moss.

I havent collected any eggs from mine and still found plenty of youngster even with sidthimunki in the same tank, I suppose you could try some sort of eggs trap to remove eggs.

As for group size the bigger the group the better, I am beginning to think that group size is the key to breeding majority of loaches so I would be inclined to get the 8 at a minimum.

Malti
    Participant

thx Duffmeister…thinking of setting up a tank only for them…would they eat RCS? could put in a small colony with them and leave them on their own

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I dont think they will bother the shrimp, my only concern would be shrimp taking kuhli eggs but saying that I had tons of cherry shrimp in my rivertank with zolts, sewellias and p. cheni spawning so I dont think it made much if any difference.

Malti
    Participant

the deal fell through

Author
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.