LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Labiobarbus

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  andy rushworth 8 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Plaamoo
    Participant

Hi all,
    a while back I posted pics of these while still in the shop. Well, I looked at them long enough and had to get a few. I bought 3 to start as i only have a 10 gal Q tank and I wanted to see how they’d act. 1 more week in the q tank and I’ll add them to the 75 gallon loach tank. I plan to get three more next trip to Seattle. So far I really like them! Not colorful but a subtle beauty I think. I’ll add a few pics and short vid.(please turn off the volume, some fool is whistling!) Also a link (at the bottom)to siamenis.org page that shows a few different species. Looks like l. burmanuca to me?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYJ9tBpcqwk

http://www.siamensis.org/board/11567.html

andy rushworth
    Participant

Hi Plaamoo, nice find ! I’ve currantly got two types of Labiobarbus , L.lineata and L.cuvieri ? yours look great keep us posted as they grow

Plaamoo
    Participant

Thanks Andy. I’m hoping that they don’t grow too much! They were in the fish shop for a year and didn’t grow at all. I don’t know how they feed but they’ll be well spoiled here. They ordered apollo sharks and got these by mistake. I don’t think they’ve sold a one until now!

andy rushworth
    Participant

Hi Plaamoo,there are different opinions about whether or not the growth of fish can be stunted , but I think you could probarbly start these fish growing with a bit of t l c ! not sure of their expected size but I’d guess at least 6 to 8 inches ?

Matt
    Keymaster

Not certain but leaning towards L. lineatus. *scratches chin* Very nice anyway!

Plaamoo
    Participant

I’ve gone back & forth myself Matt. has the head of lineatus & the body markings of burmanuca. As always tough to positive ID with pics!

andy rushworth
    Participant

Mmm I think if they were Lineatus the orangy/red colouration on the vetrals and anal fins would be visable even at this small size ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.