LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Labiobarbus?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  andy rushworth 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Plaamoo
    Participant

Hi folks!
    I’ve looked at these in a FS in Seattle that I visit when in town. They have them labeled “Thai shark”. They had a Baensch Atlas in the shop and from what we could find in it they look like labiobarbus leptochelius. I had previously thought maybe osteochelus but it looks like the dorsals are farther along the back. The pics aren’t good as the glass was filthy! They all have that small design/group of dots at the start of the lateral line behind the gill plate that you can see in the bottom pic. Also, some of them had a very faint rosy hint to the fins that’s not visible in the pics. The FS says they’ve had them for a year and they haven’t grown but considering the conditions that’s not surprising. I can’t find much about them in my search so thought I’d see what you all have to say. Anyone have an opinion or info as to size and temperament? Thanks! Jim

Attached files

andy rushworth
    Participant

Its a Labeobarbus , but I’m not sure which one , as you rightly say to many dorsal rays for Osteocheilus .

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.