LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Lepidocephalichthys guntea – Spawning

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Lepidocephalichthys guntea – Spawning

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  torso 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

torso
    Participant

It’s great to hear that you have been successful. Mine have been avtive today after a short cut of aeration and coll wether, water change and feeding. But there are still to many predators. I hope to can make a tank-change before going into holidays.

for the sexl.-guntea-male.jpgl.-guntea-female-DSC_2079.jpging here two enlargements

Cheers Charles

zeelandtrop

Thanks for the great pics Charles. Best of luck with getting yours to go. 

torso
    Participant

Hi all

It has taken  me a long time to get no pic of the fry 😡

Now I have got some, but not of the fry. That’s the wrong word by now. As the tank has exellent hiding places and the whole gang is very shy – consequence of a quiet place – it was virtually impossible to get pics. This way I missed pics of young  L. gunteas as well of S. puliensis, in spite of the fact that Ihad taken pics of the spawning and registered some spawning action since. For L. guntea it’s the moment when they flash, rush together through the tank and desappear in a vartical column.

Yesterday this: a young L. guntea – about 4-4.5 cm – and a young S. puliensis. No memory-card in the slot. I got a second chance. And the adult specimen joined. I had no idea how many were left. 5 at least. And all together, at the same moment. Made me lucky.

L.-guntea-DSC_3965.jpgL.-guntea-DSC_3993-1.jpgL.-guntea-DSC_3967.jpgL.-guntea-DSC_3974.jpgL.-guntea-DSC_3988.jpgL.-guntea-DSC_3990.jpgL.-guntea-DSC_3994.jpg

Thomas

Very cool Charles!!:D

Matt
    Keymaster

What Thomas said. 🙂 The Sinogastromyzon are breeding as well?

torso
    Participant

Thanls.

Yes, matt. But just one youngster and so good hiding I never could get a pic of a juvenile stadium. Only saw it now and then, when it was bustlling around, disappearing when a movement was scaring.

I’ll put the pics in the sinogastromyzon spp-thread.

Cheers Charles

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.