LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Lepidocephalichthys irrorata?

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Lepidocephalichthys irrorata?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  The.Dark.One 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

The.Dark.One

Andrew Rao of Malabar Tropicals sent these to Pier Aquatics. Sorry for the blurred pic. They are only about 2.5cm but they look like L. irrorata to me, a dwarf rare species.

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Wow, never seen that before except in papers. Did you pick any up?

The.Dark.One

QUOTE (Matt @ Mar 19 2012, 10:22 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Wow, never seen that before except in papers. Did you pick any up?

I know. Well done to them both for getting them.

I didn’t because I’d spent a fortune already lol. However, I’m regretting not getting any so when my friend goes next I will pick some up if any left.

Matt
    Keymaster

Aha, what did you get then?

The.Dark.One

The Acanthocobitis. I’d spent almost all my money on the Friday on some big woodcats.

Matt
    Keymaster

The ones on Facebook? Lovely!

The.Dark.One

QUOTE (Matt @ Mar 20 2012, 07:51 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The ones on Facebook? Lovely!

Yeah, they are very nice!

retro_gk
    Participant

Caudal seems a bit off, the description illustrates a fish with a lunate tail. The dorsal fin insertion is spot on, though. I received some fish from Andrew in 2008 as irrorata. I think those were an undescribed species. Bohlen has pictures on his website of a fish that has a caudal matching the description, but has the dorsal that is a bit forward.

The.Dark.One

QUOTE (retro_gk @ Mar 21 2012, 07:20 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Caudal seems a bit off, the description illustrates a fish with a lunate tail. The dorsal fin insertion is spot on, though. I received some fish from Andrew in 2008 as irrorata. I think those were an undescribed species. Bohlen has pictures on his website of a fish that has a caudal matching the description, but has the dorsal that is a bit forward.

Hi retro

Yes, you are right, irrorata doesnt have a squared off caudal fin. If I get chance to get some of these I will try and get better pics.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.