LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Lepidocephalus Macrochir

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Lepidocephalus Macrochir

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Duffill 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I managed to pick up 6 of these yesterday from Pier Aquatics:

They seem to mix very well with Pangio’s but dont seem as lively as the Pangio’s.

Matt
    Keymaster

That is one weird-looking loach.

mickthefish
    Participant

my thoughts exactly Matt, Mark knows what i think about them and they were the cheapest price i’ve seen them at.

mick

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I don’t think a great deal is known about them Matt, one thing I did find out about them when I was getting them into the photo tank and then from the photo tank into their new tank was that they are excellent jumpers and shoot out of the water like bloody arrows

Matt
    Keymaster

Mark do you still have these? Any notes on care much appreciated. Do they bury themselves a lot?

andy rushworth
    Participant

Hi Matt I seem to think that I heard they are a deep water fish that is collected during the night ? Nonn might be the man to ask !

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Hi Matt, they didnt bury themselves but did hide a lot until feeding time. The other thing about them is that once settled they were only active at night, about 5 minutes after lights out they were out and about racing around the tank and spending quite a bit of time near the surface.

I only had them for a few months when something went wrong witn their tank while I was away and I lost them all

Matt
    Keymaster

That’s a real shame mate.

Mark Duffill
    Participant

They ate pretty much anything Matt, they were eating black, white and red midge larvae and seemed happy enough to take hikari micro pellets and hikari micro wafers, other than that they would have a go at pretty much any food that went in certainly didnt seem to be a fussy fish.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.