LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Loach ID

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dana
    Participant

1 1/2 years ago I bought 3 loaches, labeled as “Acanthocobitis urophtalmus”. Unfortunately one died in the next few weeks and only two remained. They don´t look like any of the Acanthocobitis in the profiles, so I wonder which loaches I have here.Acanthocobitis-141118_03.JPG

Acanthocobitis-141219.JPG

Acanthocobitis-150122_02.JPG

Acanthocobitis-150122_04.JPG

Acanthocobitis-150122_05.JPG

Acanthocobitis-150122_06.JPG

Matt
    Keymaster

Looks like A. pictilis?

Dana
    Participant

Thanks, Matt!
    I am not sure if they are A. pictilis, because of some differences.
    In A. pictilis there is no description of a sexual dichromatism. The loach with the reddish pigmentation on my pic always had&has that pigmentation (male), while the other loach never had the slightest red pigmentation (probable female).

Unfortunately the pics showing my loaches short time after purchasing aren´t very good, still you can recon the reddish coloration present only in one of the two loaches.

Acanthocobitis-130910_04.JPG

Acanthocobitis-130910_11.jpg

Meantime my loaches should be at least 2 years old and are still very peaceful to each other, no agressions at all.
    Their TL ist about 6,5 cm (presumed female) and max. 7 cm (male) now. 
    The pattern looks a little bit different, then in A. pictilis.
    What o you think?

Matt
    Keymaster

Looking at the new pics I’d say they are most similar to A. botia. Hopefully one of our Indian members or The.Dark.One will see this as they are far better qualified to offer an accurate id than me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.