LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Luminaire

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ndc 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jarcave
    Participant

The lighting unit in my little Rio 125 has finally packed up after about 6 years service. I don’t really think it’s worth spending £55 on a new hood and would prefer to spend a bit more and go for a luminaire. The lighting output from the old Juwel T8 units is not very high after all.

Therefore can anyone recomend a decent luminaire that will fit this tank. Thanks in advance.

Jared

dunc
    Keymaster

They’re expensive :/

Arcadia Overtank Luminaire AF245F T5 80cm (32in) – £172

The 70cm pendant hanging halides are £300…

Matt
    Keymaster

Moved to equipment forum.

Richy
    Participant

you can buy a T5 unit which fits straight in. Juwel are doing these now, have done for a while

Bluedave
    Participant

As richy said – think they are called the juwel Hi-lite? I like the arcadia overtop luminaires but for the same price (or cheaper) you can get a 125W Metal Halide – so thats what I did in my trigon.

Richy
    Participant

This is the unit you’d need for a Rio 125
    Unit

You should get the unit for about £55-£60. Warning, the Juwel tubes are expensive but other T5 manufacturers should fit, arcadia for instance.

ndc
    Participant

have a look at the pet supermarket website – he was advertising juwel light bars with bulbs at a vey good price but im not sure if it was just the old t8s

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.