LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Male Nothobranchius Makondorum

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Male Nothobranchius Makondorum

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  keith565 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

From: Wildekamp, Rudolf H., Konstantin M. Shidlovskiy and Brian R. Watters: Systematics of the Nothobranchius melanospilus species group (Cyprinodontiformes: Nothobranchiidae) with description of two new species from Tanzania and Mozambique. Ichthyological Exploration of Freshwaters 20(3): 237-254.

Attached files

mickthefish
    Participant

what a peach of a male mate, iv’e bred others of this genus but not this one.

mick

Bully
    Participant

Makes you wonder why anyone would desire to dye/tattoo a fish when nature already provides the best colours!

Plaamoo
    Participant

Does that come with shades? Amazing!

Matt
    Keymaster

The body shape really reminds me of Aphanius. Think I´d like to this genus at some point. Were they difficult Mick?

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Now that is a stunning fish, my favourite killi is still A. bivitatum though.

harnsheng
    Participant

wow… the color is so intense! I havent had any experience in keeping killifish yet, and as always, photos always tempt me!!

mickthefish
    Participant

not really difficult Matt, they are prone to gatting velvet disease though, the breeding is a bit hit and miss though, easy to spawn but the eggs are a b*gg*r to hatch sometimes.

mick

Matt
    Keymaster

What makes them difficult to hatch mate? I take it they need a dry period?

mickthefish
    Participant

sometimes Matt they started out as good eggs but while in the drying they either went bad or just dissapeared leaving just peat in the end, other times i got really good hatches????.

mick

keith565
    Participant

that is one hell of a fish.
    ditto mick, i had same problems. not sure if it was to do with the genetics of the parents, bad luck or poor quality peat etc. but i did maintain the guntheri for 3 years, raising fry and breeding them.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.