LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Marbled Hatchetfish

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Marbled Hatchetfish

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  coelacanth 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jarcave
    Participant

Have any forum members managed to breed this fish? If so, how did you do it?

Thanks in advance.

Mark Duffill
    Participant

QUOTE (Jarcave @ Aug 26 2008, 09:56 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Have any forum members managed to breed this fish? If so, how did you do it?

Thanks in advance.

mickthefish
    Participant

i just found it hard to keep them in the tank never mind trying to breed them. /blush.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:blush:” border=”0″ alt=”blush.gif” />

mick

Mark Duffill
    Participant

QUOTE (mickthefish @ Aug 27 2008, 01:01 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    i just found it hard to keep them in the tank never mind trying to breed them. /blush.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:blush:” border=”0″ alt=”blush.gif” />

mick

Yeah I always ended up with more dried dead hatchets than wet living ones

Matt
    Keymaster

I had a group many years ago but never saw any spawning activity. It was a big mixed community though so not a good environment. Funnily enough mine hardly ever jumped. The surface was almost completely covered with floating plants so maybe that was the reason i.e. they couldn’t see me coming. /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” />

Jarcave
    Participant

I think I’ll give them a go. Fancy a challenge…

Fundulopanchax are buggers for leaping out of tanks. They amaze me how they seem to jump through the tiniest of holes to their death…

Bluedave
    Participant

I’ve got an open top tank with hatchets – not had any problems (touch wood) but like Matt i have a lot of surface cover.

coelacanth
    Participant

To revisit this, we’ve got some Carnegiella myersi we’ve been trying to get something off, we’ve been fattening them up and them giving them blackwater with plenty of java moss, but we’ve not seen a peep off them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.