LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Medium-sized Asian hardass.

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Medium-sized Asian hardass.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Shovelnose 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Roosterboy
    Participant

Hey gang!
    So, a while back my LFS got a hold of quite the rarity for the Swedish aquarium trade, a few Tachysurus fulvidraco.
    I bought all 4 because I find them to be amazing fish, and sacrificed my small schooling fish to house them (they ate pretty much everything right away, only the Acantopsis remain, and the fulvidraco seem to leave them alone for some reason).

Anyway, I was looking for some ideas for another species for the tank. Something Asian, that likes somewhat temperate water (I try to keep the tank at around 19-20 degrees in the winter and it goes up to 25-27 in the summer) and a moderate amount of flow. Currently I only have a turnover of about 8-10, an upgrade is a plan for the future.

A solitary of pair-living species if definately prefered to a schooling or group-living species but the latter is better than nothing.
    The species should be big enough so it won’t be eaten, but not too big. An open water swimmer is ideal. Around 20-25cm would be perfect. Not aggressive but able to keep the fulvidraco in place if it needs to.

The tank itself is just about 10-13cm of fine sand and a few roots and rocks.

Go nuts! Let your imagination run free!

Roosterboy
    Participant

To be honest, I think 15-25cm would work fine.

Shovelnose

If you are looking for something beyond the ordinary, maybe Nandus nandus or N.andrewi? The hard part would be feeding them. 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.