LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Mesoamerican Slider

Home Forums Invertebrates & Other Critters Mesoamerican Slider

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Malti 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

johnpeten
    Participant

My turtle has been outside in the new enclosure with olympic size swimming pool and the Sun for morning sunbathing, for a week. She spent most of the time hiding and when she saw me withdrew into her shell. She ate hardly anything and was obviously most unhappy with her 5 star accomodation.
    She is now back in her original tank and has completely changed. She is now happy to see me and takes food from my fingers again.
    I am puzzled, all I can think is that the outside pool had a solid enclosure and she could not see what was going on.

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (johnpeten @ Nov 23 2009, 03:15 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    My turtle has been outside in the new enclosure with olympic size swimming pool and the Sun for morning sunbathing, for a week. She spent most of the time hiding and when she saw me withdrew into her shell. She ate hardly anything and was obviously most unhappy with her 5 star accomodation.
    She is now back in her original tank and has completely changed. She is now happy to see me and takes food from my fingers again.
    I am puzzled, all I can think is that the outside pool had a solid enclosure and she could not see what was going on.

maybe the limited line of vision caused her stress?…pity cause the pool was great

did the fungus clear?

johnpeten
    Participant

QUOTE (Malti @ Nov 24 2009, 11:22 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    did the fungus clear?

Yes it has completely gone.
    We have put the Budgie cage next to her tank and she is fascinated. She spends a lot of time swimming around her tank and looking at the scenery through the glass. I think the lack of scenery and activety was the problem outside.

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (johnpeten @ Nov 24 2009, 10:34 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yes it has completely gone.
    We have put the Budgie cage next to her tank and she is fascinated. She spends a lot of time swimming around her tank and looking at the scenery through the glass. I think the lack of scenery and activety was the problem outside.

mmm maybe put some fake scenery on the side of the pool and put the budgie there? as company?

turtles are abit weird so u have to think likewise

Author
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.