LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Micro setup

Home Forums My Aquarium Micro setup

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Barb Man
    Participant

I got the tank today it is a 2.5 gallon and filled it with water from my ten gallon and ordered 8 Pethia gelius. The fully grown specimens that I saw didn’t come near the maximum size from the profile, but then again they might have been a different species or not really fully grown. I plan on putting some shrimp in with them after adding the substrate, The tank will be heavily planted with the following flora; A few different elodea, a Cryptocoryne and some floating Pistia stratiotes. For filtration I will be using a cartridge that is rather slow so that the barbs feel safe.

I plan on putting in a few Neocaridina heteropoda var. Orange. If anyone has anything they think might help be it advice for the fish the shrimp or anything please tell me. Also if anyone thinks of something else I might add along with the barbs that would be awesome but was thinking of just doing a species tank.IMG_0273-1.JPG

IMG_0272-1.JPG

Barb Man
    Participant

Oh yeah and some java fern too

Barb Man
    Participant

Now that I looked at the barbs for a bit I actually ordered Barboides gracilis and laughed at my mistake. I was wondering why the profile said they got so big

Barb Man
    Participant

The shrimp had babies. Two were carrying babies and one released them yesterday got a picture of the other carrying one with a newly released baby.

IMG_0312.JPG

Matt
    Keymaster

Hi Barb Man, are you sure the barbs aren’t Pethia aurea? This species has a smaller adult size than P. gelius.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.