LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Microctenopoma damasi

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Microctenopoma damasi

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  hachge 2 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

hachge
    Participant

After almost one year with no success ,they decided to breed again .On the third picture the male is waiting in this position for the female to come and follow him under the bubble nest.I have 3 pairs in the same tank ,and they make very big bubble nest.The eggs are very tiny ant translucid,hatch at 27 °C in 24 hours and within 2 hours the fry swimms everywhere in the tank at surface on the second day it dives to the bottom to hide.During the reproduction the male takes this black robe and the female stays greyish.On the fourth pic the male is watching its nest chasing the other fish from comming around it.IMG_8155-2-1.JPG

IMG_81571-1.jpg

IMG_82061.jpg

IMG_8209-2.JPG

IMG_8179-3.jpg

IMG_8176-4.jpg

torso
    Participant

wonderful.

I tried for years to get the species without success.

Cheers Charles.

Matt
    Keymaster

Lovely Herve! Are the males aggressive with one another?

Interesting about the fry seeking cover within the substrate – those of M. ansorgii also do this (ime).

hachge
    Participant

No I had 12 adult fish in a tank 50*35*30 cm for almost a year with no problem but no reproduction.In the same tank I have 3 pairs and 3 bubble nest almost all the time since a month.They eat from time to time the fry but you can see tiny fry swimming very close to the adults.Te one of 6/8 mm just hide and come out when feeding BBs or frozen food.They grow up quite fast.

hachge
    Participant

@torso said:
    wonderful.
    I tried for years to get the species without success.
    Cheers Charles.

Hi Charles

if still interested in spring send me a Pm and I will see to send you fish

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.