LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Microctenopoma damasi

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Microctenopoma damasi

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  oaken 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

johno
    Participant

hello,im on the lookout for some of these fish, i have three but im pretty sure they are all males,the dominant male is constantly building his bubblenest so it would be great to find him a female,anybody keep these ? i understand there pretty rare ? or has anyone seen them for sale anyway ? any info would be greatly appreciated thanks johno

Colin
    Participant

Hi Lee

welcome to the forum

Paul J
    Participant

Lee has my last 3. I was hoping he would get a pair and start breeding them?

David A is the only other Damasi keeper – he has kept them for many years but i believe he has only 2 pairs now.

They do not appear in the shops ever!!!!!

Maybe someone in europe is breeding them?????

johno
    Participant

hi guys,yes i hope someone somewhere is breeding these,a cracking little fish full of character,would be a real shame for them to disappear from the hobby,thanks

hachge
    Participant

I’m keeping this fish for 2 years now with success and different people now have them in France and Germany ,a very nice fish very shy so difficult to take pics of the adults.The fry come in front of the tank begging for food.

oaken
    Participant

Nice hachge. I believe Mogens Juhl in Denmark still keeps and breeds a strain that he brought back from Uganda in 1999, as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.