LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Micropoecilia Craze, Anyone?

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Micropoecilia Craze, Anyone?

This topic contains 40 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  harnsheng 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Congrats! Manuel had the same story here though, only one or two fry collected. Really odd. Kim it could be interesting to know your water parameters etc.

kim m
    Participant

Water parameters here:

400 microsiemens/cm., pH 7,8 and 25 degrees celcius

harnsheng
    Participant

wohooo… what a happy morning! My female melanzoma blue(which was missing since the first day i added her into the tank) decided to give me some surprises! 6 fry collected so far! yahoo… she’s alive! btw, the fry are much smaller compared to the melanzoma orange.

Orange female BIG = 1 big fry
    Blue female SMALL = 6 small fry

IMHO..I think another factor which stimulate breeding is cold temperature. After almost 2 weeks of dropping the temperature to 24 degree celcius, the 2 pairs started to give fry! i hope it will happen again in the coming months..more fry hopefully!

Matt
    Keymaster

We need pics from someone!

harnsheng
    Participant

haha… i try my best, Matt..
    The last time i tried, the male become pale due to stress..

oaken
    Participant

I’ll try to take some pictures as well /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Looking forward guys.

harnsheng
    Participant

Hahaha Oaken.. well, it’s cold to us in Malaysia! /tongue.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:p” border=”0″ alt=”tongue.gif” />

Im going to try breeding pgymy cories soon, with this temp, im sure they will be spawning like mad! haha..

Btw, this is my setup in my room, custom made tank 47 inch (length) X 20 inch (wide) X 12 inch (height). Havent fully scaped yet.. it was mend for crystal red shrimps actually.

harnsheng
    Participant

Oh ya.. some photos to share… it was taken some time ago at my friend’s place, will improve my shots soon, with my own parae!

Matt
    Keymaster

Great pics Harn.

owls_79
    Participant

Hi everyone,

longtime no speak, hope you’re all doing well!!

I picked up a pair of the red variety (more orange than red) today which were captive bred in Germany/Switzerland (at least I hope that they’re a pair and the female isn’t an endler). I’m very excited about potential fry, especially as the female is heavily preggers. My water stats are very similar to Kim m’s though my pH is slightly higher at 8.0. Ultimately I plan to add a few more pairs (if the current pair fair okay) and keep them in the pond over summer. Hence my next dilemma that there is no point in keeping yellows in the pond as well if the females will preferentially with the reds.

I’ll keep you informed on how they get on,

Bren

hambriento
    Participant

Greet U all

And i am giving one pict M. bifurca male from Poland:)

Attached files

coelacanth
    Participant

Hmm, that picture looks familiar…
    Hambriento or Jedna Glodny?

hambriento
    Participant

QUOTE (coelacanth @ Mar 10 2010, 03:36 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hmm, that picture looks familiar…
    Hambriento or Jedna Glodny?

should be Jesteś głodny /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />
    Why is so familiar for U Pete? am I right:P?

coelacanth
    Participant

Welcome Kuba!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.