LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Microsynodontis batesii

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Microsynodontis batesii

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jarcave 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Jarcave
    Participant

I’d really like to locate 3 or 4 of these. If anyone sees any on sale can you please drop me a PM. I am prepared to travel to obtain some.

Thanks in advance
    Jared

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I havent seen any in a while Jared, have you tried tropicalfishfinder ?

Matt
    Keymaster

These to go with the Polycentropsis? Nice choice.

The.Dark.One

The true M. batesii is very very rare. The ones sold as batesii are always M. sp. 1 (down as sp Nigeria in the article). See my old article on Planet Catfish.

http://www.planetcatfish.com/shanesworld/s…?article_id=222

torso
    Participant

thanks for the link
    my specimen (out of a thousend at the importer) are s. sp “Nigeria”
    cheers Charles

andy rushworth
    Participant

Hi Jarcave , they are great fish, though I haven’t seen or kept them for a while they really are worth tracking down ,when I had mine I got about 20 and they were very interesting to watch and very enthusiastic at feeding time /thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” /> mine were as Thedarkone says, though I did manage to find some true Batesii but found them to be a bit more delicate ?

Humunuku
    Participant

Glaser may have M. batesi.
    I’m basing this on findings from the online search at swedish importer Akvarielageret.

torso
    Participant

QUOTE (Humunuku @ Feb 25 2011, 08:43 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I’m basing this on findings from the online search at swedish importer Akvarielageret.

mine are from there

Humunuku
    Participant

So this means that the ones at Glaser now actually are sp. Nigeria?
    I have some of the nigerians, but was wondering if I should try to get hold of some batesiis from glaser. But if they are nigerians there’s no need to track down a LFS willing to place an order with Glaser.

Jarcave
    Participant

QUOTE (Mark Duffill @ Feb 24 2011, 09:58 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I havent seen any in a while Jared, have you tried tropicalfishfinder ?

I have Mark. I’ve only managed to track down one fish in a shop in Lincolnshire though. But I’ve got my name on their waiting list. < {POST_SNAPBACK}>

These to go with the Polycentropsis? Nice choice. < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The true M. batesii is very very rare. The ones sold as batesii are always M. sp. 1 (down as sp Nigeria in the article). See my old article on Planet Catfish.

http://www.planetcatfish.com/shanesworld/s…?article_id=222

I did read that a few days ago. It’s a very good and helpful article. So thanks. < {POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Jarcave , they are great fish, though I haven’t seen or kept them for a while they really are worth tracking down ,when I had mine I got about 20 and they were very interesting to watch and very enthusiastic at feeding time /thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” /> mine were as Thedarkone says, though I did manage to find some true Batesii but found them to be a bit more delicate ?

Delicate in terms of water quality? Are they territorial at all? And if so, how large a territory does each fish require? I’m guesing if youhad 20 you’ll have had a good idea as to their temperament. < {POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (torso @ Feb 25 2011, 08:24 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    mine are from there

Thanks for the link.

The.Dark.One

I think the Glaser ones will be sp. 1/Nigeria

andy rushworth
Participant

Hi Jarcave , my apologies for confusing the situation

Sojapat

Ring me in 1 week< <<< /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

andy rushworth
Participant

Will do !

Jarcave
Participant

Well after a long drive I’ve finally got some. Originally from Glazers they’ve been sold as Microsynodontis batesi. They’re very small, but I’ll try and get some pics up in the next few days to see if they are the real thing or not.

Author
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.