LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Mistake in the puntius denisonii profile

Home Forums Feedback, Suggestions and Support Mistake in the puntius denisonii profile

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Barb Man
    Participant

While looking for some room mates for my puntius titteya I came across these but I would like to know the correct aquarium requirements before purchasing any of them. I like them so much they are now my picture for this site and would love to know what it takes to maintain these little guys for the future when i upgrade to a 29 gallon tank instead of 2 small 10 and 15 gallon ones.

Cheers from across the pond Barb man

dunc
    Keymaster

Hi Barb Man, what is it about the profile that you think is incorrect? The minimum aquarium dimensions are too small, or?

Plaamoo
    Participant

KB says 120×45 (48″x 18″)footprint min. That’s our basic 75 or 90 gal. footprint which sounds right to me. A 29 gal(30″x12″) won’t be near big enough.

Barb Man
    Participant

Mine says five by two inch base dimensions and using think that was right and right now I just checked again and it is still saying the same thing sorry so yes I do see how that would not nearly be enough but you can’t blame a guy for trying and thanks but maybe in the future when nice out I can get a much bigger tank and I might be able to get some from my LFS in a few years thanks again being kid I look up to you guys for these thing when I can’t ride my bike to the LFS and ask for help that’s where I would like to work when I get into high school next year

Plaamoo
    Participant

Don’t know where you’re looking Barbman. Have a look here.

http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/puntius-denisonii/

Happy to help and good on ya for doing research before you buy the fish!

OK I see the problem….Dunc!

I changed my profile to display in inches and it does indeed read 5×2″

dunc
    Keymaster

Aye – have a look in this thread Barb man.

Jarcave
    Participant

I saw some Puntius denesonii ‘gold’ exhibited by Maidenhead Aquatics at Aquatics Live this weekend. I don’t believe they were for sale, and IMHO are not as attractive as the real thing. It might be worth updating their profile in the KB as to their existence. Apparently they’re a line bred variant produced commercially in Indonesia. 

Matt
    Keymaster

Hi Jared, yep seen that and added a line to the profile about it, cheers. Also agree they’re not a patch on the wild-type.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.