LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

More Pics For Knowledge Base

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes More Pics For Knowledge Base

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  andy rushworth 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

mickthefish
    Participant

here you go Matt & duncan, more work for you lads.
    first pics are the true mahecola barb formerly amphibius thet name has gone.

the second lot are Hamplala dispar, a rarely imported fish.

mick

Matt
    Keymaster

Beautiful specimens. Hope Andy has a big tank ready for the Hampala!

mickthefish
    Participant

he’s only got a 8 ft tank for them bud, they don’t grow that big anyway, not like the microlepidota, that grows way beyond most tanks.
    their tank mates are assorted botia, lemon fin barbs and a couple of puntioplites with a great sickle dorsal fin.

mick

Matt
    Keymaster

Yeah we had these in at the shop once. About a foot right? That tank I would love to see.

mickthefish
    Participant

yeah we reckon on around that.
    nice fish but that bloody north and south gets me it’s huge, yet andy said they’re softies.
    i’ll put a pic of his puntioplites not my cup of tea but that dorsal is a cracker.

mick

andy rushworth
    Participant

QUOTE (mickthefish @ Sep 7 2008, 09:19 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    yeah we reckon on around that.
    nice fish but that bloody north and south gets me it’s huge, yet andy said they’re softies.
    i’ll put a pic of his puntioplites not my cup of tea but that dorsal is a cracker.

mick

Yeah they do look a bit scary , but really are no trouble , strangely when i first put them in the tank there was a little chasing BUT as they settled that dissapeared ! I guess they formed a little hirachy , they share the tank with 2 Labeobarbus Lineatus and three Lemonfin Barbs who rule the roost !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.