LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

More Pics

Home Forums My Aquarium More Pics

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mickthefish 10 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

As per request from stingrays4

Some more photos of my fish

kitty tetras (Hyphessobrycon cf. lowea) and a half grown Goo Obo male (Mogurnda nesolepsis)

EDIT: The unmentioned fellow with the kitty tetras is a juvenile paracyprichromis nigripinnis.

-Urb

Attached files

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

Wow ……. the kitty tetras (Hyphessobrycon cf. lowea) are nice.This is the first time i see them.Where are they from?

I’m not sure where from specifically in South America. All I know is I got these from a LFS in Texas a couple years ago. I was interested in them because they were something different. The store owner asked me to look at his specimens in his display tank. I was surprised as the store display tank had some males in there that were rich yellow in color-compared to the pale drab color of the fish in the sale tank. I bought 9-now I have 6 left and I get complimented on them often- most people say they’ve never seen those tetras before. No breeding has occurred probably since I have not simulated optimum breeding conditions.

I guess they get the ‘kitty’ nickname because if you look at the trademark marking on the tail.
    It’s a black spot ‘head’ with two white ‘ears’ going into the caudal fin-so it looks like a cat’s head when you tilt your head somewhat

Matt
    Keymaster

Hey Urb, I’ve edited your original post to remove those false links. Trust that’s ok. Your fish look in superb health and I agree, those tetras are beautiful wee things!

dunc
    Keymaster

That Mogurnda nesolepsis looks fascinating.. do you have any more photos of him?

Glad we eventually managed to resolve your image problems, sorry about that!

Matt
    Keymaster

Apparently the tetras are from the Upper Rio Xingu guys.

Eyrie
    Participant

I’ve got nine in my community tank – lovely fish.

mickthefish
    Participant

they are a beauty, little Al Vass has bred these with a good yield of fry.

mick

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.