LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

MSIE problems

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  geoffkemp 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

mikev
    Participant

It appears that MSIE cannot read profile pages. Try.

Matt
    Keymaster

Yep, an ongoing nightmare this one. :(

mikev
    Participant

This one is serious… profiles are the main attraction on this site, and MSIE still has a large market share. (I dislike it and have not used it for ages, thus did not know.)

dunc
    Keymaster

Could you try again this morning mikev? I finally found a computer where I can replicate the problem so I’ve made a change.

mikev
    Participant

@dunc said:

Could you try again this morning mikev? I finally found a computer where I can replicate the problem so I’ve made a change.

Different : instead of error message I see what looks like a dump of a binary file.

And for reasons unclear I cannot anymore “upload attachment” — I could yesterday — I tried to show you the screen dump.

mikev
    Participant

Plaamoo
    Participant

@mikev said:
    http://rainbow-fish.org/fishpic/junk.png

Buttons are all screwed up in firefox also. I’ve been trying to post a new topic for 2 days. Also can’t reply to a thread. When I click the button nothing happens. I accomplished this reply by clicking the quote button. I’m guessing it’s not just me as there hasn’t been a new post for a few days.

dunc
    Keymaster

Seems to be working in FF now. Nice bug from the Simple Press upgrade. Can you try again please @Jim

Plaamoo
    Participant

Reply works! :)

geoffkemp
    Participant

Posted this over on the Facebook Page

I`m running IE 11, running the site in compatability mode and it appears to be working.

Easy to do, just browse to the site and get the broken site message. Click on the Cogwheel, and select Compatability View Settings. On the next prompt add SF to the list (should populate the box for you), then Ok this.

Though the Site is running slow for me at the moment, this could be down to being in Compatability Mode ( a known side-effect)

Not sure what the underlying issue is, though this is more of a workaround until the issue can be fixed. I`ve seen this at work, and in that instance, I think it was an issue with the code of the website (Is the SF code bespoke?) that the PCs Anti virus software took offence to. (I`m running AVG 2015). Don`t know if that is of any use.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.