LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

'multi' Question

Home Forums My Aquarium 'multi' Question

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Bluedave
    Participant

Hi all, now the move is almost complete i’ve set up my 2 foot tank (Juwel Rekord 60) ready for some neolamprologus multifasciatus.

The question is – how many would be ok in there and how many shells do I need.

I presently have 10 shells and was thinking of 2 males and 5 females – is that too many and the right ratio?

Oh – also does anybody know where I can get some decent ones in the North West (tank is cycling so about 4 weeks away before purchase).

cheers all

mickthefish
    Participant

be careful how many you get dave as they breed like rabbits, i know a lad who had them but will find out if he’s still got them, last time i spoke about them he was getting overun with fry.

mick

Bluedave
    Participant

Cheers mick.

Am I best of just getting a single male and a couple of females then? Maybe with some other suitable tank mates (any suggestions)?

mickthefish
    Participant

yeah i’d go with that ratio myself Dave, you’ll still get loads of fry though.
    as a tank-mate i used Sawba resplendens and it seemed a good combination.

mick

Bluedave
    Participant

cheers – i’ll look into Sawba resplendens then and we’ll see what happens about the fry!

Bluedave
    Participant

had a look at Sawba resplendens, lovely fish but they appear to be asian? Would be looking at keeping something else from lake Tanganyika with them really.

mickthefish
    Participant

trouble with that Dave is the ph and hardness of the tang tank there is a rainbow but it will grow too big for that tank.
    best of luck in finding sommat though.

mick

Matt
    Keymaster

Dave if you build a bit of rockwork up in one corner or something I reckon you might get away with a single Tanganicodus in there. *scratches chin*

Bluedave
    Participant

Cheers Matt, great shout.

Theres a load of rock work at the back already. Lent my brother my camera the other day so can’t post a pic at the minute but will when I get it back.

Finally unpacked the Baensch atlases yesterday and had a flick through. Hows about a pair of Julidochromis ornatus, a single Tanganicodus and a male and 2 female multies?

I figure with all the rock work and all of them inhabiting differnt parts of the tank that that should be alright, nice little slice of lake Tanganyika in my dining room?

Reva
    Participant

I love the little shell dwellers! good luck and please post pics! Do you guys think Pseudotropheus acei could live with them? or with Julidochromis ornatus? I am tempted to try them in one of my 50gallons

Matt
    Keymaster

Not sure you could get away with the julies as well Dave. Tanganicodus are quite nouty ime. I think it’d be a case of one or the other mate.

Bluedave
    Participant

Pic as promised

still trying to work out whats going in there, but it’s still cycling so got a couple of weeks yet.

Matt
    Keymaster

Looking kewl.

Author
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.