LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

My 90gal. Planted Dirt Tank

Home Forums My Aquarium My 90gal. Planted Dirt Tank

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Byron Hosking 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

gene4christ
    Participant

This my 90gal. as of November 2015 It has been set up for over 4 years now and is doing great, the fish really love it now that the top is no longer a plant free zone. It is low tech, I just add Seachem Flourish Comp. and Seachem Flourish Excel once a week. Confused

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0dzpv-114s&index=2&list=PLgrIu2DEzr3OtQhCXmcNzNW-g6cymMSMr

Matt
    Keymaster

Very pretty indeed. Cool What plants and fishes do you have stocked?

Dave Argyll
    Participant

Beautiful tank and not a sign of algae, I need to do something with mine, also low tech but no matter how low I keep the nitrates , I just can’t keep the algae under control, need to increase my ferts I think. Might try your Seachem regime 🙂

Byron Hosking
    Participant

Beautiful tank and not a sign of algae, I need to do something with mine, also low tech but no matter how low I keep the nitrates , I just can’t keep the algae under control, need to increase my ferts I think. Might try your Seachem regime

Algae is controlled by the balance of light intensity and nutrients; both must be sufficient for the plant species.  I have had algae increase due to light (too strong, or too long), as well as due to increasing the nutrient fertilization.  There is no hard and fast rule, it is specific to the given aquarium.  I would be glad to explain if you want, and can provide me with the data.

Byron.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.