LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

My Indian Barb And Catfish Tank – Video

Home Forums My Aquarium My Indian Barb And Catfish Tank – Video

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  andy rushworth 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

vyastk

One of my Tanks with Indian Barbs and catfishes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe…p;v=-OhzG69UxWE

Sorry about the Audio

andy rushworth
    Participant

Fantastic Vyastk ,thats my kinda tank

vyastk

QUOTE (andy rushworth @ Nov 27 2011, 04:06 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Fantastic Vyastk ,thats my kinda tank /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Not too many takers for the Sarana..lack of appeal considering it growing large and its plain look!

Regards
    Vyas T K

andy rushworth
    Participant

Hi Vyastk , when I had my P.malbaracus I had two pairs ,the males grew considerably larger than the females and had the white trim on the fins /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” /> at about an inch in length, enjoyed keeping them , yours looks like a male ? they are very close to P.orphodes but Orphodes are more colourful from Thai !

Matt
    Keymaster

Very nice combination of fishes.

andy rushworth
    Participant

Hi Matt , I had two pairs of Malbaracus the males were roughly 6 to 7 inch and the females about 4 inch , they were never a problem at all ,dont recall any argy bargy , they were in my 96x18x24 with a predominantly cyprinid and loach community , not seen them for a while , I got the impression there was a bit of confusion over their true identity ?

Matt
    Keymaster

Honestly no idea about id confusion Andy, haven’t researched the genus at all. Think your community sounds more suitable than my attempt though as the only place I had to put it was a 48″ x 18″ tank with a group of subadult Geophagus, most of which had their fins ripped to shreds within a few days.

andy rushworth
    Participant

possibly too similar in shape ?

Matt
    Keymaster

Do you have any idea how they live in the wild Andy, i.e. are they solitary or not as adults?

andy rushworth
    Participant

I dunno Matt , mine seemed totally non aggresive between themselves ,so no reason to assume they wouldn’t live together ,even the males were non aggresive to each other ,if you look at Vyastk’s video of [two males ?] they seem to be coexisting fine ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.