LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

My new 20 gallon – starting off!

Home Forums My Aquarium My new 20 gallon – starting off!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  dexsting 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

dexsting
    Participant

Hi all,

Getting started, and have decided to run with a 20 gallon (23.75″ x 12.62″ x 19.75″) aquarium.  Am thinking of doing 2 Pygmy (Sparkling) Gourami, 6 Kuhlii Loaches, and 6 X-ray Tetras.  Possibly once the aquarium is established adding 1 GBR.  Probably do black sand as the substrate and have some live plants like Windelov, Green Crypt, and Weeping Moss on some driftwood and probably a moss ball or 2.  What do you think?  oh, my water from the tap is about  7.38-7.79 ph based on my city reports and hardness 97 to 116 ppm or 5.4 to 6.5 dH if I’m reading it right.

I also want to add some snails and/or shrimps to help containe algae and keep it clean; any suggestions based on my community?  I know some will get eaten most likely, but I also know snails/shrimp can reproduce well too…

Final thing, I got this tank, https://www.aqueon.com/products/aquarium-starter-kits/ascent-frameless-led-kits (the 20 gallon).  It has a black back; will that help prevent algae bloom?  I’m trying to decide where to put it and by an east window would be nice; there’s a building that blocks morning sun, but it does shine through for an hour or so in the late morning.

Any help/suggestions/critism is most welcome.  Thanks!

• This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  dexsting.
    • This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  dexsting.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.