LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

My new g. viriosus

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes My new g. viriosus

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Menu 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Plaamoo
    Participant

Frankye76
    Participant

nice video, beautifull specimens and very good setup for your fishes, i love them!

you think water flow is enought?

Plaamoo
    Participant

Thanks Frankye. This is just a temporary quarantine tank. I do think the need for water flow has been overstated at times for these fish. Clean, well oxygenated water along with plenty of grazing are most important. Some movement helps accomplish those of course but a torrent isn’t necessary in my opinion and is often overdone to the detriment of the fish.

mikev
    Participant

Nice fish!

Clean, well oxygenated water along with plenty of grazing are most important. Some movement helps accomplish those of course but a torrent isn’t necessary in my opinion and is often overdone to the detriment of the fish.

Agree fully. Rivertank discussions do more harm than good. This is not to deny them totally, some fish does better in River tanks, Stirusoma is one definite example. Among Balitorids, perhaps Confuzona and Annamia… but not most.

Matt
    Keymaster

From what we saw in Borneo smaller Gastromyzon such as those available in the trade occur in flowing, but not especially fast-moving water, at least in Sarawak. I made some videos that still need to be edited…

Very nice additions by the way Jim!

olly
    Participant

Awesome G.viriosuses! Did you see the final of this serious battle?

Plaamoo
    Participant

@olly said:
    Awesome G.viriosuses! Did you see the final of this serious battle?

I think I grew weary and went about my business. They went at it for some time. These are the most active of the gastros that I’ve kept. Difficult to keep them in aufwuchs!

Menu
    Participant

Very nice viriousus, they are in top condition! 

Lately you can see more of them in the aquarium trade.

Old T8 lamps are very helpful for the aufwuchs growth.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.