LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

My Tank

Home Forums My Aquarium My Tank

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  keith565 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

nessie149
    Participant

Ok, as promised earlier, here is a pic of my tank.
    It’s planted but it’s no great aquascape. Hope you like. I’m open to any advice and critisism

Attached files

Sofia

It looks really really lovely.

I wonder if I could convince the other half to have a bigger tank..? Probably not

nessie149
    Participant

I’m thinking of getting rid of the picture background in exchange for plain black. What does everyone else think?

Sofia

I like it as is, because it gives the tank more depth in my opinion

dunc
    Keymaster

That looks really smart

Malti
    Participant

nice setting, re the background you can take it off, snap a pic and we can give you a better reply /tongue.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:p” border=”0″ alt=”tongue.gif” />

Sofia

Hehe…I haven’t thought of it that way yet /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Lovely tank Nessie. Personally I’d ditch that backdrop asap and swap it for a plain one but that’s just me

nessie149
    Participant

Hi Matt.
    I think you might be right about the background. Although it does give the illusion of depth, It takes the eye away from the natural plants IMO. A black backdrop may brighten the colours of the plants.
    I’m afraid I can’t answer your question about the plants because I don’t know the names of them. I usually just point at plants in my LFS and say ‘I like that one, will it go in my tank?’
    Maybe not the best way to do things but they know my tank very well in there and it suits me doing it that way until I learn more for myself.
    I’m managing to grow a really nice shade of green algae on my wood though /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />
    Nessie

keith565
    Participant

i love it the way it is, but i’m a simpleton, erm, i mean i like simple things, erm, no no, oh bugger. i think you all know what i mean.lol

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.