LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

My Teeny Tank :)

Home Forums My Aquarium My Teeny Tank :)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Malti 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

nessie149
    Participant

I’ve just redone my 20lt tank. There’s only 4 amano shrimp in there. Anyone got any suggestions what else I can put in there?
    Hope you like it

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Cute tank Nessie

nessie149
    Participant

Hi Matt,
    Not sure which way to go really. Fish may look nice in there but I’m quite limited aren’t I? I’m Not sure what would suit the look.
    Shrimps are an option too but which ones to go for?
    whatever I choose I can’t add to my larger tank as my angels are getting pretty big now and they wouldn’t take too kindly to any smaller additions.

Richy
    Participant

I want that bit of wood, it’s sexy /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

keith565
    Participant

i would go for more smaller shrimps, cherry, crystals, bee, tiger and so on. all would go well together. great looking tank.

nessie149
    Participant

Hi Keith,
    Yes, somthing with a bit of colour that might breed

Matt
    Keymaster

Try adding some leaf litter nessie. Oak or beech are both ok to use if you dry them out thoroughly first, or you can buy Indian Almond (Ketapang) leaves from various places. These would decompose slowly and the microorganisms that result are great food for shrimp. Makes the tank look really natural too.

nessie149
    Participant

Hi Matt,
    I’ve seen those almond leaves in my LFS, I wondered what they were used for.
    Now I know

keith565
    Participant

yes, i use both oak and almond leaves. the shrimp love them.
    also a bit of bog wood as they also like to pick from that to.

Matt
    Keymaster

I always think moss-like plants look good in shrimp tanks, too. Hehe nessie now we’ve started we won’t stop!

dunc
    Keymaster

I put some leaves in my quarantine tank last night and dear god the water is practically black now

Matt
    Keymaster

That’s because you’re not supposed to use tea leaves my friend

Adam
    Participant

QUOTE(dunc @ May 20 2008, 06:00 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I put some leaves in my quarantine tank last night and dear god the water is practically black now /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” />

dunc
    Keymaster

Comic genius

keith565
    Participant

/huh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:huh:” border=”0″ alt=”huh.gif” />

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.