LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Nano Tank?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bluedave 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Fishwife
    Participant

I’ll be setting up a new 25 litre tank shortly for my new Betta, and as it’s a nice cube tank 30 x 30 x 30 cm, I thought rather than just pop in a few Anubias and Crypts, I’d plant it properly and try a few medium light plants. I’ve got an 18 watt Supperfish clip on light from a bigger tank so thought this would give me the chance of different plants /unsure.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:unsure:” border=”0″ alt=”unsure.gif” /> And, would sand be suitable for the substrate, or would I be better buying a planting medium, if so how deep would it need to be and how much would I need? dry.gif

The substrate and other calculator I’ve always used seems to have disappeared off the internet, anyone know another good one

Bluedave
    Participant

I’d go with Excel in a tank that size – not worth the expense of a full blown system and the DIY kits cause more problems in my experience.

Sand is fine if thats what you want – just make sure you add some root tabs around greedy root feeders.

Fishwife
    Participant

Thanks Dave, I’ve changed my mind about sand and was wondering if I should go for the flora base or just go gravel and tabs. Would I need to add tabs to the flora base at a later date? Also how deep would I have to go? The tank is 12 x 12 x 12 ins so I could have quite a deep base.

Also where should I put the filter? Sorry if that’s a daft question, but I know plants like a bit of movement but Bettas don’t. I’m thinking of getting a Plakat, so he should be able to cope with a bit more flow than a long finned fish.

Bluedave
    Participant

up to an inch should be deep enough for most plants. If your using flora base I wouldn’t worry about tabs.

I always position my filter at the side pointing across the tank – usually at the back out the way – pic- you can just about see the filter at the back!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.