LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

need id confirmation please

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes need id confirmation please

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  AccidentalAquarist 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

AccidentalAquarist
    Participant

Hi all

New to these forums. But not new to fish-keeping, having kept fish off and on for 30years. And I learn something new everyday about my passion.

A week ago a friend dropped off some unwanted fish 4 T. Hengeli and 6 B. Brigittae and 2 I’m having difficulty identifying.

They school together with the T. Hengeli and have an almost identical body shape. Short and deep bodies. Up until two days ago they were completely transparent without any discernible markings. Now they have taken on a vibrant rust color with a sharply defined black line up the anterior of the dorsal fin.

Just saw a pic on the sites home page of H. Amandae that look similar but the body isn’t quite deep enough and the anal fin looks different (I’ll have to double check on that though)

Can you help me out. These pictures are badly washed out by ambient light and poor photography skills, I’ll try to take another one later.

Thanks

Kris

20130902_115132-1.jpg20130902_115127.jpg

ps. This is my kids tank, so they get to draw and swap out the backgrounds on a regular basis

Matt
    Keymaster

Hi and welcome to the forum. :) It does look like H. amandae to me.

AccidentalAquarist
    Participant

Thanks Matt

Kinda what I figured. But my ID’ing skills are about as good as my photography skills.

Kris

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.