LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Need Suggestion On Creating Cover For 1ft Tank

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Need Suggestion On Creating Cover For 1ft Tank

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  C.Way 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

C.Way
    Participant

hi all, I’m dealing with my first trouble since I got a standard 1ft size tank lately, it does come at a nice price, but the problem is that there are no cover for it, and I’m attempting to create one myself for it, being a complete noob in glass tank, I need a advices and suggestion from fellow hobbyist on how to create one and also what sort of materials to use. Thanks a lot and will appreciate all suggestion

Bluedave
    Participant

Depends if you want something that looks pretty or something that does the job.

A piece of glass across the top reduces evaporation and lighting can just sit on the top. Doesn’t look pretty but does the job.

If you want pretty then maybe build a frame out of wood and paint it with a water proof paint, you can attach any lighting to the underside of the lid then.

Eyrie
    Participant

Same size as my nano-tank which has a glass cover.

My view is that a solid cover wouldn’t look right as everything underneath would be gloomy until the light came on, and the water level would have to be kept lower to leave room for lighting, unless you built the lid up, which would spoil the look of the tank.

So I’d go with BD’s first suggestion and have a glass square on the top with the lighting above. You can get some very nice clip on lights.

Here’s that size of tank with a glass cover and by comparison with a solid cover. Ultimately it’s your preference that counts.

C.Way
    Participant

thanks a lot for the suggestion, I guess I have an idea of what to do with that now

Author
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.