LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Nemacheilus Longistriatus

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Nemacheilus Longistriatus

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I picked up 5 of these Nemacheilus longistriatus from Pier Aquatics last week, they are a stunning fish and look right at home a river tank, they have to be one of the fastes loaches I have ever owned as well

Matt
    Keymaster

Ve-ery cool!

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Thanks Matt, no they are or at least seem very placid, more concerned with swimming everywhere at 100 miles per hour rather than being nasty

Matt
    Keymaster

Hi Mark just writing a profile on this species. Any notes to add now you’ve had them a while? Any intra- or inter-specific aggression noticed?

Mark Duffill
    Participant

No aggresion to note Matt very placid, they are quite shy fish but will occasionall spend time out and about which seems to coincide with the serpenticobitis being out and relaxed. They do seem to like digging and have dug several pits under piles of cobbles, once dug they will go in on their own or in pairs and will sit at th entrance to the pit for long periods.

I have a couple of very fat females that do seem a bit more shy than the males, I am planning on setting up a couple of tanks full of cobbles and putting a pair in each tank and see what happens.

They dont seem to fussy about what they eat either

Matt
    Keymaster

Cheers for the info Mark will add it in. Seems Nemacheilus are more peaceful than Schistura spp. on the whole.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.