LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Nemacheilus/schistura Sp

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Nemacheilus/schistura Sp

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I picked up 6 of these as well yesterday, they came in as “checkerboard sand loach” but I am not 100% sure of a definite ID yet.

You can see some of the pattern variations in the group in this pic:

mickthefish
    Participant

any ideas where they come from Mark?.
    stuffy get, you could have picked a couple up for me.

Matt
    Keymaster

Never seen those before either. Is it just me or do they have exceptionally long barbels?

Mark Duffill
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Aug 17 2009, 11:08 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Never seen those before either. Is it just me or do they have exceptionally long barbels?

No its not just you Matt, they do seem to have exceptionally long barbels

These seem very placid indeed, they have little spats amongst themselves but without leaving any damage. In the shop they had them in with Y. cruciatus and the cruciatus weren’t bothered about them at all and these were not bothering anything else in the tanks they were in.

Mick I have no idea where they came in from, the guy said all he knows is from their supplier lol

I will be back up in Cumbria on Sunday for another week or so, if you want me to pop over before I come home and grab you a couple let me know.

mickthefish
    Participant

i’f you will mate, i’d appreciate it.

Mark Duffill
    Participant

QUOTE (mickthefish @ Aug 17 2009, 08:22 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    i’f you will mate, i’d appreciate it. /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />

I have been having a bit of a look around today and think they could be or are very similar to Schistura kohchangensis

Matt
    Keymaster

Certainly looks a close match Mark (got my copy of the Kottelat book a few weeks back

Author
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.