LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Neocardina heteropoda

Home Forums Invertebrates & Other Critters Neocardina heteropoda

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Barb Man
    Participant

This is an attempt to make a species profiles for an invert, so if in the future the admins can add it they might be able to just look at this thread. I don’t keep many inverts so i’ll be looking online and if anyone has books that would be better and if someone disagrees with my sheet then feel free to correct me. As you can see I havent filled out everything as I don’t know them or couldn’t find info on them. Hope this is helpful

Neocaridina Heteropoda     Red Cherry, Yellow, rilis, green/wild cherries

etymology skipped

classification skipped

distribution, Taiwan is the original country that the ancestors of the red cherry shrimp come from but they are not found red in the wild.

Habitat skipped

aquarium size  I say above two gallons but five or more if you want to breed

maintenance. not very fussy given that the water is not dirty and there is enough food

water parameters. pH 6.5 – 8.0, temp 64-82

diet algae blanched cabbage and other normal algae alternatives.

breeding and compatibility. breeding is basically the same as guppies and will happen when all the basic needs are met and there is a male and female present. temp ph food and water quality and no predators.  compatibility is most small schooling or shoaling fishes that have the same water needs  most fish will eat offspring though. incubation of the fertilized eggs is about 2-3 weeks less the higher the water temperature.

sexual dimorphism. females are more colorful and larger as well. Females can be seen with saddles which are unfertilized eggs that look likes a saddle. Male tales are also thinner than the females because they don’t need space to hold the young like the females do.

breeding skipped

notes skipped

Matt
    Keymaster

Cheers, if we can manage to get the site working properly at some point, this is something we will definitely look at adding.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.