LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Neocaridina Cf. Zhangjiajiensis Var. White

Home Forums Invertebrates & Other Critters Neocaridina Cf. Zhangjiajiensis Var. White

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bully 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Malti
    Participant

got 2.3 of these…females all have nice saddles, hope I get babies soon

Matt
    Keymaster

Nice Karlos; these a tank-bred strain or au naturel?

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Oct 31 2009, 11:08 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Nice Karlos; these a tank-bred strain or au naturel?

they’re the albino version of the cherry shrimp, red being the dominant colour, so can’t mix them.still waiting for babies

Bully
    Participant

QUOTE (Malti @ Oct 31 2009, 02:15 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    they’re the albino version of the cherry shrimp, red being the dominant colour, so can’t mix them.still waiting for babies

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Bully @ Nov 1 2009, 11:49 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The Red Cherry Shrimp is a colour morph of Neocaridina heteropoda. I agree though that keeping N. heteropoda and N. cf. zhangjiajiensis in the same tank will likely lead to hybrids.

actually it would lead to 95-99% RCS, thus destroying the strain

Matt
    Keymaster

Is it not a bit confusing to give it a scientific name if it’s just a strain or is this a naturally-occuring shrimp?

keith565
    Participant

i have a tank full of these very interesting shrimp. they are indeed a different strain of shrimp to the cherry, but will indeed hybridize. much like a platy and swordtail will.
    i have found these very easy to breed, and treat them the same as my cherry shrimps.

Bully
    Participant

Information from the web would suggest that the Snowball Shrimp/White Pearl Shrimp is a fixed colour strain of Neocaridina zhangjiajiensis. The “.cf” must have been added in along the line somewhere? As far as my knowledge extends (which is not that far

Author
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.