LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

New Aquaticslive Show Is Not To Be Missed! – Pfk News

Home Forums The Lounge New Aquaticslive Show Is Not To Be Missed! – Pfk News

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Bully 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Bully
    Participant

As published on the PFK main site New AquaticsLive show is not to be missed!

Matt
    Keymaster

Any idea who’s coordinating that Gareth?

Bully
    Participant

Not a clue, PFK are the media partner, and some of the PFK forum mods (myself included) may spend some time on the PFK stand…..nothing set in stone yet though http://aquatics-live.blogspot.com/

Colin
    Participant

Seems like a great idea. There is a definite need for a UK version of Aquarama and it is probably long overdue. I would like to see suppliers and manufactures together with the buyers and given an opportunity to mix and converse about the UK hobby.

I have a “but” though…

What is the point of a tank full of Triakis or Crocodylus? Does the event really need some “big penis” animals to bring in a crowd? Surely a fish show for the sake of a fish show should be enough?

Will it not result in non-fishkeepers or new fishkeepers getting excited about the prospect of keeping sharks and crocs and being told no? although crocs are DWA there are no restrictions on sharks other than CITES. (porbeagle?)

yeah, I get why it is an exciting display and i have worked with caimans and alligators for several years…. but will it really make the difference between someone coming along or not? Will it have an environmental education theme or just a come and get your photo taken appeal?

Hopefully the site will add more info about who else will be showing as there is nothing there so far to convince me to do an 800 mile trip

Matt
    Keymaster

Have to say I thought the same as you re. the crocs and sharks Colin, hence my question…the website looks like it was put together in five minutes, too. Most odd?

Bully
    Participant

I hadn’t looked into the blog, just posted it in passing really. I pretty much agree with everything said already. Hopefully, it will gain momentum and there will be lots more apt involvement from clubs, societies and manufacturers. It would be fantastic to see something that’s close to Aquarama.

QUOTE (Matt)
    ….the website looks like it was put together in five minutes, too. Most odd?

Not so much these days, it seems to be an increasing trend for organisations to just quickly set up blogs to relay information. There are some community organisations around me that choose to use Facebook over their paid-for website.

Matt
    Keymaster

QUOTE (Bully @ May 17 2011, 01:13 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Not so much these days, it seems to be an increasing trend for organisations to just quickly set up blogs to relay information. There are some community organisations around me that choose to use Facebook over their paid-for website.

Fair enough, wasn’t aware.

Bully
    Participant

There’s also a Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/AquaticsLive

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.