LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

New Barb

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  keith565 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

keith565
    Participant

picked up half a dozen barbs today, bought as pentazona but i think they may be hexazona.
    will upload video/pics asap.

Malti
    Participant

the 6 banded tiger barb?

keith565
    Participant

could well be. here is a short video of them in the shops tank. sorry about the view, thought my phone would self adjust it,lol.

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Video not working Keith but I’ve adjusted the image.

keith565
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Feb 16 2011, 09:24 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Video not working Keith but I’ve adjusted the image.

hmm, i wonder if it’s because they are off my phone.
    i’ll add a link to the photobucket page.
    thanks Matt

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a377/kei…t=VIDEO0006.mp4

andy rushworth
    Participant

Hi Kieth , the fish in your pic look like Eirmotus Octozona though I think there might now be another fish in the Eirmotus group so could be that ? nice fish closely related to the puntius’s perhaps a little less robust but quite hardy .

Matt
    Keymaster

There are in fact no less than four Eirmotus species all of which look pretty much the same. E. insignis and E. octozona and here’s a link to the revision paper from 2008.

Nice find Keith, by the way.

andy rushworth
    Participant

Nice one Matt , I thought I’d heard there had been some work done ,I didn’t realise they had described another three /wub.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:wub:” border=”0″ alt=”wub.gif” />

keith565
    Participant

wow, thanks for the ID guys. mine do look more like E octozona.
    i agree they are very timid fish, hiding behind the filter and plants. they also look a bit thin, i’m trying to get them to take grindle worm and some daphnia, but not seen any of them eat yet.
    water conditions are 7.0ph, but hard. will gradually drop hardness as the week goes on. also adding almond leaves. temp 75
    fingers crossed they pick up.

keith565
    Participant

fish are doing well, i lost one, the smallest, but the others are looking so much better.still very timid, but starting to venture out a bit more. saw two sparing the other day, can’t tell if it was breeding behavior or two males,lol.
    will keep an eye out for fry in the upper water levels.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.