LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

New Camera Pics

Home Forums My Aquarium New Camera Pics

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Duffill 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I got a Nikon D90 off the wife for Christmas

I think I am getting the hang of it and cant wait for my new lenses to arrive

dunc
    Keymaster

Excellent MD! What lenses are you waiting on?

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Thanks Dunc, I am waiting for a Nikon 60mm f/2.8G ED AF-S Micro which is said to be the dogs wotsits for fish photography and a Nikon AF 50mm f/1.8D.

I have just got my 2 SB600 flash guns so am going to start working with overhead flash as well.

Plaamoo
    Participant

Nice shots MD! I’m envious of your new equipment!! I’ve got the camera but still waiting for the lens & flash. Why did you choose the 60mm micro over the 105? I’ve seen good review for both.

Matt
    Keymaster

Great stuff Mark, keep them coming!

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Thanks mate < {POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why did you choose the 60mm micro over the 105? I’ve seen good review for both.

I have the 105 as well mate, the 60mm is a lot lighter and easier to use hand held where as the 105 could really do with a tripod or macro support. Dont get me wrong I wouldnt be without the 105 and because it has the VR I have managed some excellent photos hand held but it is a heavy lens to use.

Thanks Matt, will do

Plaamoo
    Participant

QUOTE (Mad Duff @ Jan 14 2010, 12:11 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Thanks mate

dunc
    Keymaster

I don’t know much about Nikon gear but I know that the Canon 100mm prime has about 30cm longer minimum focus distance than the 60mm too – I found the lower minimum focus distance of the 60 to be much preferable.

Matt
    Keymaster

What’s the Garra here Mark?

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Not 100% sure Matt but from some pics I have seen I am wondering if it could be salweenika ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.