LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

New Eels

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  andy rushworth 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Picked up 4 new spiny Eels yesterday

Macrognathus pancalus:

These are only labelled as “Dwarf Eel” havent managed an ID yet:

The photos dont really do them justice, my battery was about to run out on the camera and I think it has affected the photo’s

andy rushworth
    Participant

Fantastic Mark ! Spiney Eels are kind of addictive and fun to keep

Matt
    Keymaster

Oh man I want your life!

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Everyone says that Matt, I dont know what they mean

Plaamoo
    Participant

Beautiful Mark! I especially like the last one. I haven’t kept any of these yet as I haven’t had an appropriate tank. When I was swimming with them in Thailand, I was really taken by their beauty & personality. They didn’t seem all that afraid, would swim right up and look you in the eye. One crawled up my shirt sleeve!

andy rushworth
    Participant

Hi Matt , I’ve got a small group of about eight M.panclas , and looking at Marks fish I’d guess the 1st one is a male ,the ones that I have that look like that never seem to grow as large as the one’s I have that look like Marks 2nd fish , plus in a way the 1st fish looks a bit more colourful ?I nearly made this observation before but stopped myself , but since you’ve mentioned the difference I thought I’d better give my opinion ! other than that you’d be forgiven for thinking they were different species ?

B t w I did hear that there was possibly two fish under the Panclas name , but as to the validity of this ?

Matt
    Keymaster

Thanks for the info Andy! Any idea what the other species is?

andy rushworth
    Participant

Ahh, Matt what I heard was that M. panclas could be two different fish ? I seem to think it might have been Dave Marshall who told me this ?

So I suppose one would be Panclas , the other unidentified ? as to the validity of this ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.