LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

New Filters … Eheim? Or Other?

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes New Filters … Eheim? Or Other?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  JazzBora150 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

poshsouthernbird
    Participant

Evening All

I’m hoping there are a few on here with big tanks and big messy fish /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />

Any thoughts much appreciated, thanks

Bluedave
    Participant

Not used the P3’s but I had a Pro2 2028 on a 500 litre tank a few years ago – very quiet and dead easy to clean etc.

I always stayed away from the thermofilters, just another thing to go wrong on your filter.

The FX5 is a decent filter, moves more water for a similar cost as the Eheim but in my experience a bit more noisy. In terms of power consumption the Eheim is better on a watts per litre basis but not sure that it pays back?

poshsouthernbird
    Participant

Hi Dave, haven’t seen you around here for a while, hope all is well /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />

Bluedave
    Participant

I would take the Eheim every day of the week as a personal preference!

More expensive but quieter, use less energy and generally a better build quality (although not as good a build quality as they used to be!).

Lifes been busy the last couple of months!

Jarcave
    Participant

The question should not be..

Why choose Eheim?

More…

Why choose anything other than an Eheim?

poshsouthernbird
    Participant

Anti-Eheim comments definitely seem to be the exception to the rule /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />

Bluedave
    Participant

good busy (although it doesn’t always feel like it)!

Work has just exploded in the last few months and i’m all over the place right now (Glasgow one day, London the next, Coventry and Newcastle the days after that). We’ve been interviewing but i’m a bit picky when it comes to engineers – got a good one the other day which is why things have slowed enough for me to be on here! Could do with a couple more though!

JazzBora150
    Participant

i just got a EHEIM PROFESSIONAL 2080 PRO 3 FILTER PLUS MEDIA SET off ebay for £140 which i thought was a bit of a bargain and its so quiet i had to check it was running a time or two

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.