LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

New Fish!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Stefan 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Here’s a couple pics of the new fish I just received from Stefan. Will start an info thread and pester them for better photos once they actually begin to do something as they still appear to be feeling out their new home. Good feeders though, and not as shy as expected.

Male:

Female:

Also this is a new, small tank I just set up for the native shrimp Dugastella valentina, from the Río Serpis down near Alicante…

…and these are the tubs on the terrace containing, from left to right, Aphanius mento ‘Kirkgöz’, A. sp. ‘spring’, Cualac tesselatus ‘San Bartolo’ and Aphanius transgrediens:

Attached files

Colin
    Participant

cool /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Plaamoo
    Participant

Very nice Matt, you’re expanding! I like the slab wall to hide the containers!

Matt
    Keymaster

Thanks guys and yep expanding slowly Jim – up to two tanks now! /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” />

Colin if I want to repot that wee plant what type of earth is best?

Colin
    Participant

I use my own mix, which is just rough handfulls of peat moss, some shredded sphagnum, some polystyrene ripped up from packaging or similar and if i can some old bark off an oak, it has to be a fairly light airey mix but not going to dry out too quick, just quick to drain. Also, mine are all right at windows to get enough light… How humid is the air in the house? Might want to give it a spray each morning, or keep it in the bathroom?

Matt
    Keymaster

It’s in the room with the two aquaria so quite humid, and I’ve been spraying it twice a day. /huh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:huh:” border=”0″ alt=”huh.gif” />

Colin
    Participant

you can use a similar media for the Sarracenia but it will need a winter rest or it will not do well… you can even stick it in the fridge for a month or so…. or a cold bit of the house (is there one over there?) In fact, keep it outside all the year round, I do here although they never quite get enough of a growth season but they have survived -18 outside! They are not tropical like the Nepenthes

talk about a thread hijack…

Matt
    Keymaster

Ok onto the terrace it goes then, cheers Colin! Now, about these Badis

oaken
    Participant

Very nice, Matt. Any full tank shots? Do you only have one pair?

Matt
    Keymaster

There are two adult males and seven females Gustav. I only have one tank apart from the shrimp set-up so you might’ve seen this before:

Attached files

oaken
    Participant

Ah, yeah. I remember seeing that before. It’s very nice. I like your “substrate”. How big is the tank?

Matt
    Keymaster

Thanks! It’s 80 cm long by about 30 cm wide. I’ve raised the water level and some of the smaller twigs have snapped off with the flow since that photo was taken. Will try to do some new ones.

Stefan

Wonderful to see them doing so well and I’m glad they’re in good, more than capable hands. Still loving that tank mate! Enjoy them as much as I did.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.