LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

New Fish New Species For Me

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes New Fish New Species For Me

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  David Marshall 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I called in at a shop I usually call at on my way home from Cumbria today, the fish I actually called in for were some Homaloptera that they had got in a few weeks ago but they didn’t look quite right so I didn’t get any. While looking around the rest of the shop a shoal of small silver fish about 1″ long caught my eye.

There was a single Emerald-eye Rasbora and a single Rasbora kallachroma in with them which told me that at least they seemed to be Asian, I asked the guy who runs the shop what they were and he admitted that he didn’t have a clue so after a bit of a chat he asked how many I would take, I replied that if the deal was good enough I would take them all including the two single Rasbora’s, anyway I got all 18 fish for £20 /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” /> )

Matt
    Keymaster

Wow hope you get confirmation from one of the experts Mark but they sure do look like it! Nice work on the price too!

andy rushworth
    Participant

Mmm, nice find Mark ! Both you and Matt are right with Pectenocypris , as to which one , we might be able to tell more once they have settled in ?

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Ive just had confirmation that Pectenocypris korthausae has appeared for the first time on lists in Singapore so that and the fact that Andy has seen these before and they came in as R. brittani which is what the shop I got these from was supposed to have got pretty much confirms things for me

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey MD

I know the fish in your photo. are P.k. but have seen these strange looking fish for sale as Cigar sharks – the ‘usual’ common name for a large leptobarbus specie.

Regards David

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.