LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

New Fish Wont Eat

Home Forums My Aquarium New Fish Wont Eat

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Fishwife 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Fishwife
    Participant

I bought a pair of Tanichthys micagemmae on Tuesday and so far they haven’t eaten. I gave them one crushed Tetra pro flake on Wednesday and also Thursday but they didn’t touch any of it. Today I’ve tried them on a frozen bloodworm and still nothing.

Should I start worrying? I know they are supposed to be kept in shoals but they are active and look healthy enough.

Temperature 22c in a 10 litre tank with Hagen mini elite filter on full. Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 10. They will be moved as soon as the larger tank has cycled.

Eyrie
    Participant

It can take new fish a few days to settle in. Looking at their profile I’d recommend sticking to frozen foods and giving the fish peace to eat. Remove any that are left after half an hour or so however.

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey

I have found that ‘Fussy Whiteclouds’ can never resist microworm.

Regards David

Matt
    Keymaster

Have they eaten yet FW?

Fishwife
    Participant

Yes they’ve started to eat now, I left them with a bloodworm yesterday and when I went back later it had gone. Today I tried crushed flake and they chased it round the tank but spit it out so I left them to it and when I went back I couldn’t see any trace, so it looks like they’re settling in. Thanks for the help

Author
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.