LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

New Guppy Strains

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes New Guppy Strains

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Not my favourite biscuits but for those that are into fancy guppies here are some of the new strains coming out of Germany. All pics courtesy of Aquariumglaser. Methinks the last one might be a P. wingei i.e. Endler?

Malti
    Participant

beautiful colours, sadly don’t seem to have character…its only food or hankypanky

keith565
    Participant

QUOTE (Malti @ Sep 19 2008, 04:58 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    beautiful colours, sadly don’t seem to have character…its only food or hankypanky

Jarcave
    Participant

Me too. Pretty colours, but completely devoid of character. Is there a more boring fish to keep behaviour wise? May provoke some interesting discussion?

Little Lamb
    Participant

QUOTE (Jarcave @ Sep 20 2008, 02:18 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Me too. Pretty colours, but completely devoid of character. Is there a more boring fish to keep behaviour wise? May provoke some interesting discussion? /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” /> /tongue.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:p” border=”0″ alt=”tongue.gif” />

Graeme
    Participant

Lovely vibrant colours! (i still prefer a cup of coffee though)

Eyrie
    Participant

Never kept livebearers and have no interest in doing so. But for those that like them, very colourful.

LL – tetras are worth having if you’ve got a large enough shoal.

Matt
    Keymaster

I think goldfish make pretty dull and in the main unsuitable tank residents but fine in a pond. I also have a problem with Melanotaenia sp. rainbowfish but can’t put my finger on exactly why… /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

owls_79
    Participant

QUOTE (Little Lamb @ Sep 21 2008, 06:59 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Platies!!! Most boring fish in the world! …

Ah a woman after my own heart, a collegue has 6 in his lab tank and they really do nothing apart from eat.

Gotta admit that I’ve fallen for my swordtail trio though. They were due to be rehomed this month from the pond but I now can’t part with them and have made space in the 240L. I just hope the praecox can munch all the fry or I’m heading for trouble

owls_79
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Sep 21 2008, 08:17 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I also have a problem with Melanotaenia sp. rainbowfish but can’t put my finger on exactly why…

/angry.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:angry:” border=”0″ alt=”angry.gif” />

Rainbowfish are the best fish in the world (well apart from sids, they’re awesome /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

dunc
    Keymaster

I actually laughed out loud /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Sorry Brendan they’re just not my cup of char… /wacko.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:wacko:” border=”0″ alt=”wacko.gif” /> Any chance of seeing some pics of your pond?

owls_79
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Sep 26 2008, 11:31 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Sorry Brendan they’re just not my cup of char… /wacko.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:wacko:” border=”0″ alt=”wacko.gif” /> Any chance of seeing some pics of your pond?

So you’re partial to a golossolepis?, you may yet be saved form the darkness (and my bosemani has lost the murderous glint in his eyes)

Matt
    Keymaster

Ah, er no not really. /tongue.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:p” border=”0″ alt=”tongue.gif” /> I love Pseudomugil, Iriatherina etc. though!

owls_79
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Sep 27 2008, 12:53 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Ah, er no not really. /tongue.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:p” border=”0″ alt=”tongue.gif” /> I love Pseudomugil, Iriatherina etc. though!

Bosemani says no!! Semtex on standby

Author
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.