LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

New Homaloptera

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes New Homaloptera

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  dunc 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I haven’t bothered looking for any new loaches for a while but had a run round a couple of shops this morning for a look, to my surprise I found a tank full of some lovely Homaloptera and decided that at £6 or 2 for £10 I would have to treat myself to a few.

In the end I got 8 but might have to go back for another 6 next week

oaken
    Participant

Nice fish

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Cheers mate /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Ooh fantastic-looking specimens Mark. Considering the guy didn’t know how to keep them they look in pretty good nick!

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Cheers Matt, none of the staff had ever seen them before or even knew what they were

dunc
    Keymaster

Something about those fish that makes them subtly attractive. Mind if I ask where you picked those up from MD?

Matt
    Keymaster

QUOTE (Mad Duff @ Feb 2 2009, 12:15 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Cheers Matt, none of the staff had ever seen them before or even knew what they were /tongue.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:p” border=”0″ alt=”tongue.gif” /> £30 for 12?! I officially hate you!!!! dry.gif

Mark Duffill
    Participant

QUOTE (dunc @ Feb 2 2009, 01:42 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Something about those fish that makes them subtly attractive. Mind if I ask where you picked those up from MD?

I got them from my local Peter Barratts which probably explains why no one knew what they were < {POST_SNAPBACK}>

How do you differentiate them exactly mate? I remember reading summat on LOL about the shape of the scales but I thought you had to get in really close to see that difference?

Yeah its the Scale keels Matt, the orthogoniata have a line on each scale whereas the confuzona have a dot, in the right light and at the right angle they stand out quite well.
    more info here: Scale keels

QUOTE (Matt @ Feb 2 2009, 02:48 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    you lucky sod! /dry.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”<_ <" border="0" alt="dry.gif">

I dont think your the only one Matt /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

dunc
    Keymaster

Hahaha PBs. How we love them…

Mark Duffill
    Participant

The extra 12 I got yesterday:

And in the tank:

Matt
    Keymaster

Dunc do you remember the “rainbow fish” I was sold at PBs? /angry.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:angry:” border=”0″ alt=”angry.gif” />

Mark Duffill
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Feb 2 2009, 10:50 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Mark I still hate you… /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

/laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

dunc
    Keymaster

ROFL yes I do Matt /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.