LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

New Loaches

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Duffill 8 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I picked up a group of Indian Botia yesterday that are most likely rostrata type and a group of Indian Schistura.

The Botia’s are still a little faded today but the patterns are getting better and better as they settle, I have seen a pic of an adult of these and they are not typical rostrata.

The Schisturas are amazing fish, one of these was sat next to one of the new super convict Schisturas last night and the differences in the head are unreal, the main one been that the super convicts have a very dainty mouth whereas these things have a bucket

Schistura’s

These are all definitely the same species when coloured up but there is a definite difference in the head shape and also the alignment of the Dorsal and pelvic fins, this can be seen in photo 3 of the schistura’s, the fish on the left has a much bigger head and also his pelvic fins are in line with the front edge of the dorsal which isn’t the case with the fish on the right.

andy rushworth
    Participant

Gorgeous Botia’s /wub.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:wub:” border=”0″ alt=”wub.gif” /> it will be nice to compare these with the more standard version as they grow !

Those Schistura look pretty impressive !

Matt
    Keymaster

Do you know if they were collected together Mark?

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I was told that both species are from Arunchal Pradesh, dont know if they were collected at the same location or seperate locations within Arunchal Pradesh.

Matt
    Keymaster

So Upper Brahmaputra…

Plaamoo
    Participant

Beautiful botias! How are those schisturas at feeding time? They look like they could swallow a cube of bloodworm apiece!

Mark Duffill
    Participant

They are absolute nutters at feeding time, they race around so much its a wonder they even manage to get any food, I put some pacific krill in yesterday that the big barbs and silver sharks eat but the schisturas were darting in front of the sharks and grabbing it before them, all 4 made total pigs of themselves

Author
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.