LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

New Loaches Aborichthys

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes New Loaches Aborichthys

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  andy rushworth 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I got a group of 10 Aborichthys yesterday

Malti
    Participant

seems its your bday mate

Mark Duffill
    Participant

It feels like it

Matt
    Keymaster

OMFG Mark you’ve been on a serious spending spree! Looks like at least two species?

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Just a bit Matt /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

There could have been 3 or 4 species in the tank Matt, there was such a variation in patterns and markings it was unreal. What made it harder was that when the net went in they just all swam into it, it was harder getting them out of the net than in it

keith565
    Participant

lol, perhaps an easier idea would be for you to move in there?

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Oh I think I could live in Pier Aquatics Keith, that would be my dream home setup

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Mad Duff @ May 24 2010, 10:26 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Oh I think I could live in Pier Aquatics Keith, that would be my dream home setup /blink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:blink:” border=”0″ alt=”blink.gif” />

Reva
    Participant

Nice group MadDuff

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I am hoping to add some more to the group at some point and then given that they are in a tank on their own I hope to get them to spawn

Reva
    Participant

way cool. My husband keeps saying “only Four, only Four Tanks!” Hence, community tanks with a theme…and a continued amateur status, forever, Amen
    (once I wanted to become a marine biologist…but I had two children and no online computer courses)

N0body Of The Goat
    Participant

Mad Duff, how long and how stocky are your Aborichthys, typically?

I’ve got a group of six coming to the end of a 14-day quarantine in my Korrall60, which came from http://www.wholesale-tropical-fish.co.uk (Fareham, Hampshire, ~30mins drive from me… A great young student vet couple from another forum I’m active in have an account with these wholesalers, who then pass on the fish for forum members for very little in excess of VAT on the prices)! http://www.loaches.com briefly, there seems to be several species to this genus, some of which are barely known about. I think one of them only reaches 3.5cm length as adults! /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” /> And this is before I get to see them doing the typical “sand grain transportation” while making burrows under any furniture (they use base of bogwood/rock as a secure lid for burrows)! /sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” />

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Unfortunately I lost all 10 within 5 days

andy rushworth
    Participant

Thats too bad Mark , I know you were really looking forward to observing them , that s fishkeeping ,though I’m sure you will find a way of keeping them again !

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.