LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

New Loaches Yasuhikotakia Nigrolineata

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes New Loaches Yasuhikotakia Nigrolineata

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  torso 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I picked up 8 of these stunning Y. nigrolineata yesterday, they are probably the best nirolineata I have ever seen and I had intended to only pick up 4 but after bagging 6 I spotted another two that I wanted so ended up with the 8

Fish 2

Fish 3

Fish 4

Fish 5

Fish 6

Fish 7

Fish 8

This photo shows the size of them, the photo was taken in a 6″ show tank

Needless to say I am a very happy loachaholic lol

Matt
    Keymaster

Wow!

Bully
    Participant

Beautiful! Not a fish I’ve ever seen in the flesh.

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I wasn’t expecting them to look as good as this, when Neil said which tank they were in I spotted a couple straight away and they just stood out, absolutely stunning

keith565
    Participant

QUOTE (Mad Duff @ May 23 2010, 10:35 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I wasn’t expecting them to look as good as this, when Neil said which tank they were in I spotted a couple straight away and they just stood out, absolutely stunning /thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” />

torso
    Participant

they are stunning!
    may I add some pics of mine I got a month ago?
    the dozen makes some “noise” in the tank, are very difficult to photograph without AF

Attached files

Plaamoo
    Participant

OOOOOH! I’ve never seen these either. Interesting how they vary with some having partial spotting in the top stripe, almost sid-like. I guess that’s supposed to be a juvi charachteristic but they don’t look small.

torso
    Participant

they are about 4.5-6 cm long. according to the pics by K. Udomrittthirju the structures of the lateral/side pattern is still given in some adult specimen. in other words: some change the pattern when getting adult some may not.
    I love them and may get some more as they appear only now and then in the market. and the special river-tank is going to be ready soon.

andy rushworth
    Participant

Both Mark and Torso ,wonderful pics of stunning fishes not often encountered /thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” />

torso
    Participant

I’m still waiting for the river-tank. they should go together with tanichthys micagemmae and rhinogobius duospilus.
    at the moment they are together with rhinogobius cf leavelli, sewellia sp (new species for shure), pseudogastromyzon cheni/myersi/fangi/fasciatus/peristictus(?) and tanichthys micagemmae
    I kept y sidthimunki twenty years ago for at least 6 years (one joungster by chance). the actual ones since 2007 (with gravid females). they are going into a seperate tank too.

N0body Of The Goat
    Participant

Theuy look great! /thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” />

torso
    Participant

Un update. The pattern changes when tehy grow. Here some pics. The last pic shows the pattern in most of the adult specimen. some look like in pic 1, some as in pic 2.ambastaia-nigrolineata-DSC-_5635.jpgambastaia-nigrolineata-CSC_2964.jpgambastaia-nigrolineata-CSC_2970.jpg

Matt
    Keymaster

So most of the adults look like giant sidthimunki? 😀

torso
    Participant

Yes and no, Matt. The dark banding is remarkable. Not so in adult sidis. And I see a typical black marking in the caudal fin in pic three: stripes. i don’t remember to have seen that in sidis.

andy rushworth
    Participant

Hi Charles , nice to see you keeping Nigrolin’s for a good while and wittnessed the pattern changing , I heard a lot of people struggled to keep them for a long time without them getting really skinny , what are your secrets , cool water special diet ????

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.