LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

New Pond Complete

Home Forums My Aquarium New Pond Complete

This topic contains 16 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  JazzBora150 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Mark Duffill
    Participant

At the moment I am running 3 Ecomax 9000 filters with built in UV and all are pump fed, I did have a slight problem at the end of 2009 but that was down to some bad food that I got, since then the water param’s are spot on and the sturgeon are visible on the bottom at all times which in a 7 foot deep pond is excellent.

I was thinking about installing a nexus this year but it will need a lot of work to get it in so I am going to give it some thought first

JazzBora150
    Participant

QUOTE (Mark Duffill @ Jan 6 2011, 09:54 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    At the moment I am running 3 Ecomax 9000 filters with built in UV and all are pump fed, I did have a slight problem at the end of 2009 but that was down to some bad food that I got, since then the water param’s are spot on and the sturgeon are visible on the bottom at all times which in a 7 foot deep pond is excellent.

I was thinking about installing a nexus this year but it will need a lot of work to get it in so I am going to give it some thought first

you can either pump or gravity the nexus but i think your better going the pump route as you have already most of it in place

i used hikari wheatgerm
    and a momotaro food mixed pretty expensive food to be honest but the growth rates are really good

i grew my momotaro shiro from 12″ to 23″ in one season

you should also consider a bakki shower these are an awesome piece of kit but like all koi
    bits are expensive as they are stainless steel

i used aquamax pumps as these cost buttons to run

nexus are relly dear too i paid just under £1000 for my 200 but they were just out and are probably a lot cheaper now

keep your eye on ebay before the season starts you may get a cheap one

and you dont even get your hands dirty when cleaning them

thats worth it if nothing else

ill try and dig some pics of my koi let you have look

that avatar of mine was my fav kohaku he was 11 year old when i sold him 33″

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.