LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

New Tank

Home Forums My Aquarium New Tank

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jorme 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jorme
    Participant

Looking for some advise, just got 30gal tank going to be setting up soon putting in Pencilfishx6 (love them), and got 2″Pleco from brother inlaw, whats the best to put with them and how many was thinking Glowlight Tetras?

Graham Ramsay
    Participant

QUOTE (Jorme @ Aug 17 2010, 03:35 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Looking for some advise, just got 30gal tank going to be setting up soon putting in Pencilfishx6 (love them), and got 2″Pleco from brother inlaw, whats the best to put with them and how many was thinking Glowlight Tetras?

Six or more tetras and/or rasboras would be fine. Maybe a small cichlid also; something like Nannacara anomola.

Jorme
    Participant

QUOTE (mummymonkey @ Aug 17 2010, 06:56 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Six or more tetras and/or rasboras would be fine. Maybe a small cichlid also; something like Nannacara anomola.

Thanks, will check that out cant wait to get it going

Eyrie
    Participant

Any idea on how you’re going to cycle the new tank?

It takes time to build up the colonies of bacteria necessary to break down the ammonia produced by the fish, and ideally this should be done before any fish are added as ammonia is toxic to them.

Jorme
    Participant

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 17 2010, 07:14 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Any idea on how you’re going to cycle the new tank?

It takes time to build up the colonies of bacteria necessary to break down the ammonia produced by the fish, and ideally this should be done before any fish are added as ammonia is toxic to them.

Got all that in mind, thanks

been reserching this for nearly 2 months now just waiting on the decorating to be done at my house then get the tank going

Matt
    Keymaster

What kind of plec is it? Some of the common ones grow large and would be unsuitable for your tank in the long-term.

Jorme
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Aug 17 2010, 09:01 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    What kind of plec is it? Some of the common ones grow large and would be unsuitable for your tank in the long-term.

thought about that will see if i can get someone to take it on

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.